Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The birth of LCA...

What started as an idea is slowing turning into something much bigger. Lakeland Canine Academy (LCA) was my creation, but I do not get the credit with the work behind it. Three years of work, the right people and God's grace seem to have allowed this project to move into the next demension and I couldn't be happier. This initial post is to thank those who have supported the LCA project. First, as I just mentioned, I have to thank God for giving me a talent to work with dogs. There are times I wish I was better at something else. Plumbing would be nice or cabinetry, something much more handy, but it just isnt the gift I was given. I try to remain thankful to God for allowing me to grow my hobby into a profitable side business that I get to be me and totally enjoy. Secondly, I have to thank my wife. She has sacrificed so much with me being away teaching lessons, giving private lessons, seminars, judging, showing, etc. She puts up with a ton and I am thankful for her support. I couldn't give out thank you's without mentioning the dogs - Tyler, Millie, Brandy, Boogie, & Girlie for the things they have taught and will teach me. My Students who work in the rain, the heat, the bugs, the cold, the dark, etc. With no building the weather dictates a lot of our training time, but my students have been deligent and the rewards have been no less than stellar. In the last year they have earned titles from Rally Novice to Obedience Trial Championships and gathered 22 High in Trials and High Combineds. Regardless if your a pet client or a competition student, you made this happen and I am grateful to be able to work with you and your pets. I have to also thank the behind the scenes people. Josh Brown and Eric Hoanshelt have been instrumental in getting the Web Developement side of LCA running. They are the creative genious behind the site infustructure and design layout. Their talent impresses me and I am thankful to them for taking on this side project. I am sure there are MANY MANY other people I need to say thank you too - for everyone involved in the LCA project - THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. This is the first post - so we have LOTS more work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment