Thursday, January 26, 2012

OTCH on!

Over the last few years I have kept my showing to a minimum, not sure why, but just didn't have the zest for the ring that I had when I was showing Tyler and since his passing (We said goodbye to him in July) my want to be in the ring has returned. Since finishing Brandy's UD the time has come to pursue her OTCh/UDX titles. Truth be known, I would really like an invite to the National Obedience Invitationals while they are still in Orlando, but much of that depends on Brandy winning and much of that depends on how much we show. As luck would have it, she obtained her UD and her very first 17 OTCh points and a Utility B 1st all on the same day. Her latest romp in the Obedience Ring garnered her 32 additional OTCh points. Saturday she picked up 26 OTCh points by winning both Open and Utility B earning her 1st UDX leg (also a HIT/HC). The next day she won Open B giving her 6 additional points. That brings her total since November to 49 with all the required 1sts needed for her OTCh title. This is all very exciting, but I have to be mindful of the little things that come up. I have noticed her Go Out's take SUPER REINFORCEMENT and have not held up over 2 days of competition. By the end of day two I begin to notice overdone finishes and more distractability. These are things that have to be ironed out without killing attitude. Such a balancing act this Obedience Game.

No comments:

Post a Comment