Thursday, January 26, 2012

Planning for Puppies...

I am excited to announce that we will be expecting our very first litter of Border collie puppies in the Spring. "Girlie" Bordaux's S.H. Ewe Go Girl will be bred to ADCh TBC's Epic Adventure AX, AXJ (and a bunch of other alphabet soup. Girlie comes from my favorite Border collie of all time, "OTCh This Bud's 4 Ewe UDX, OM, HXA'sd, FGDCH - 30K". Buddy is owned by my very good friend Becky Babicz and I had the priviledge of helping Becky train Buddy for his OTCh title. I would always say to Becky," That dog has something you cannot train" and to this day I believe there isn't anything you couldn't teach him. I was lucky enough to stumble into my Buddy daughter through the generosity of Kathy Iozzio who owns Girlie's dam, SinCity Static FGDCH - 30K. Girlie's CERF and Elbows are NORMAL and her hips were rated EXCELLENT. Her Great Grandsires are Both Supreme International Herding Champions (Dam's side) Wisp and Sweep. Even with health clearances and a top notch pedigree, finding a stud dog was not easy! First off, Girlie is WHITE FACTORED, so her suitor had to be Non-White Factored. After several misses we found Epic, he was actually recommended by Susan Rider and after looking at him I contacted his owner Elizabeth Dott. Epic at three years old is already a USDAA ADCh and working on his AKC MACh. His pedigree goes back to the Bo-Tyne Foundation dogs as well as working imports. Flashy and Stylish on stock with good structure and excellent temperments - lets not forget the best part - HE IS BLACK! I have been reading and buying just about anything I can get my hands on about early neurological stimulation, imprinting, and puppy rearing. Like anyone who has a litter of preformance puppies, I want to give them the biggest boost I can to do great things for their owners. I think we have an excellent cross and I am excited to meet the little ones and watch them do great things for their owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment